Sunday, February 27, 2011

A poem by Zac

Zac was giving an assignment in his English class to write a poem about a person. This is the beautiful poem he wrote about his brother, Isaac. It brings me so much comfort when I read it, and I am so relieved to know that Zac can express his feelings so openly.

Isaac


You had dimples, you were Asian and bald

You always stalked me when you crawled

You were fatter than a Sumo wrestler and your cheeks were so chubby

I hope you thought that I was your best buddy.

You were happier than Mexican Jumping Beans

and laughed a lot and screamed.

Even though you slept all the time

we still got a chance to play outside.

You were curious to see what I was doing

more curious than Curious George

You thought that I was fun to be around

and you were never bored.

You were happy to see me

and always at peace

more peaceful than Ghandi

meditating under a tree


But then on one sad day, everyone cried.

You left to go to heaven on the day that you died.



No comments: