Sunday, April 19, 2009

Even in the grave we make our song, Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia.



Today is the 6th anniversary of my Isaac's falling asleep. It amazes me to realize how my body and soul are able to "know" without even seeing a calendar that his anniversary is approaching. Easter Day was filled with great joy; for the first time since his death I was able to fully celebrate the Resurrection. And then on Monday this emptiness appeared again. Today I preached on the wounds that remained on the the body of the Resurrected Christ, and wondered if they were there because he still felt the pain of the Passion, and because he chooses to feel my pain with me. I think he does.

I'm trying to feel the joy of Eastertide, I truly am; but today there is much sadness in my heart, and yet I can pray "Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and to those in the tomb bestowing life."

Alleluia, Christ is Risen!! Isaac, rest in Our Lady's arms and pray for me.

Here are some videos from a memorial Mass said for Isaac last year at Bom Jesus Anglican Church in Rio de Janeiro. Thanks again, Mother Josi.


1 comment:

Eric said...

Memory eternal, light perpetual +

Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!