Thursday, April 16, 2009

Noli me tangere....

These should have been here for Tuesday, but, it's been one of those weeks.
Since Tuesday, however, I've been contemplating the reason(s) why Jesus forbade Mary from touching him or clinging onto him. None of the typical reasons are very satisfying to me; but, I am having some very fruitful prayer time with the idea that he asked not to cling on to him because the wounds were still painful. What are the implications about a Resurrected Christ who is still willing to suffer pain in order to be in solidarity with us in our pain? I still need to think about that more, but it for sure directs my heart to a God who is love.





1 comment:

Luiz Coelho said...

One of my favorites is Fra Angelico's Noli me Tangere:

http://www.dl.ket.org/webmuseum/wm/paint/auth/angelico/tangere.jpg