Monday, June 29, 2009

Pray and Play... a morning in Nags Head

I am on vacation this week in the North Carolina Outerbanks (one of my favorite places to go and relax and unwind). Zachary and I spent the morning lazing on the beach and jumping the waves in the crystal waters of Nags Head. Watching Zachary laugh and glow in excitement with the growing waves which crashed over and pushed us around made my heart smile with one of those "all is well in the world" smiles, which ran into the deepest parts of my soul, connecting me to that peaceful, loving presence of God which is of course always around me, but not always perceived. It was one of the most meaningful spiritual moments that I have had in recent weeks. Having him as my son is truly the greatest treasure that God has given me, and through him, I experience more and more God's love for me. I slept in today and missed morning prayer, running out to the beach with Zac instead. But our play was most definitly prayer on this day: in and through it we touched the heart of God.

No comments: