Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prayers asked for Popo, a sick kitty


A friend of mine from seminary adopted Popo in the 90's while we were in seminary. She has been sick for the past month, and has been diagnosed with histoplasmosis. Your prayers are asked for her healing, and for Scott so that he can continue to successfully medicate her as directed by the Vet.

Below is a (very bad) image of St. Gertrude Nevilles, the patron of cats. According to the Nun's Rule, no beasts could be possessed by the sisters except for cats. I have also posted two paintings of the Virgin Mary accompanied by cats.

St. Gertrude of Nevilles, Partron Saint of Cats

The Holy Family Around a Fire, 1532 Jan Cornelisz Vermeyen


Birth of the Virgin, 1480 the Venetian School








1 comment:

Jane R said...

Prayers -- and thanks for the wonderful images! (Maya Pavlova is purring by the computer and says hello.)

I'm loving this blog. Sorry I come by so seldom. It's always good for my soul when I do.